Thursday, December 9, 2010

Scar Q.

In class today someone asked me how I feel about my scars, and after thinking about it I realize I am unsatisfied with the answer I gave. True, my scars are both "cool" and "annoying" - especially the ones that are really sensitive and painful to touch - but they are more than that. After thinking about it, I realize that I place a lot of emotional value on my scars. They are important to me and they have become a part of how I see myself now. My scars remind me of everything I've been through, not only the pain and suffering, but also the strength and recovery evoked within me. I'm proud of my scars, just like I'm proud of myself. My scars are a part of me, and a constant reminder that though I might be easily broken, I am not and will not be defeated.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment